Monday, September 2, 2013

Welcome Back

Starting off the year is always stressful for me since I love already being in the swing of things, with routine and all. But I still get excited as every teacher does to meet my new students and kick start the year. I always have had a puppy themed room, but every year I try to switch things up a bit. I love how every year more and more things are being made by myself and others that I can add to make my room a little different. Here are just a few pics:
This is from last year, but I adored it so much. This year I have a surfing into second bulletin board.

I attached clothespins to the blue good day sign and from there, throughout the day students move their paw print cards up and down, based on their behavior/actions. You can purchase the polka dots signs, here on TPT: Behavior Clip Chart If they land on purple at the end of the day, I punch their card. These are free: PAWS-ITIVE Behavior Punch Cards

The writing process. The Writing Process Posters

This is the door leading into my classroom. Of course I had to put my own pup, Sawyer, on there because is the inspiration behind my room! ;)

Sadly, I have one tiny window due to my room being the tornado room, so I tried to spice things up with some heart garland I made. I just used string and cut out hearts to string down from the ceiling. The hearts sparkle when the sunlight hits, so it helps make things a little brighter!

Awesome target score. The butterflies are 3D room decals, and the best part is they actually stick without me putting a nail in the wall! Blue sticky tack is holding these up!


I also printed out a sound chart for this year. I have a super sweet, yet super chatty class, so I am hoping this will help. Sound Check Chart

I hope everyone heading back to school is ready to go! Here's to the start of a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment