Saturday, August 10, 2013

Once Upon A Time Storybook Baby Shower


The teacher in me came out while planning my baby shower and I couldn't think of a better idea then using a storybook theme. It was such a wonderful event, that I had to share, especially because I love this idea even for a school picnic, or party!

My girlfriend is a talented graphic designer and whipped up these adorable invites.




Upon entering, guests were asked to fill out an envelope and sign a Lady and the Tramp journal I had purchased from Etsy. It had the whole story, along with blank pages so guests could leave the baby or I a message.
 The Savory...

Tomato Brushetta, Stinky Cheese Spanakopita

Mr. McGregor Veggies, Bacon Wrapped Dogs, Green Egg and Ham Frittatas, and Bella Notte Pasta Salad.

 The Sweet...

I Love You Carrot Cake

Chocolate Velvet Brownies

Kitten's First Full Moonpies

Hungry Caterpillar Fruit and Dip


To end off the event, guests were given favors and Dr. Seuss bookmarks. If you give a guest a cookie... They will remember all the fun they had at Fallon's baby shower! Thank you for celebrating with us!

Below is the link to a fabulous blog that i got the bookmarks from! http://www.simpleasthatblog.com

We also played a name that storybook game, which if you are interested, please leave your email in the comments and I would be more than happy to send you what I came up with! 

And in true storybook fashion, I guess I should close this post with The End...









3 comments:

  1. Would your friend that designed the shower invitations be willing to sell them?? I am throwing a storybook shower in March, and that design is EXACTLY what I have been looking for. Thanks! Kayla
    (kaylamichelle.riemer@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I have been away from my blog for quite some time now. I apologize and hope you were able to find some similar invites. I completely hear you, when you have a vision you want just that, which is sometimes hard to find. How did the shower go? I love the storybook theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing baby shower. I am very happy to find it very awesome. It reminded me of my friend’s baby shower that recently took place at one of Venues in San Francisco where my mom and her mom arranged everything. They really made this day wonderful with excellent work.

    ReplyDelete